Monday, July 2, 2012

The Facebook Hymn

What: I am going to quote another translation of this hymn in my sermon this Sunday, and I thought I might post this paraphrase of it.
Who: Thomas Hansen King is like the Scandinavian Isaac Watts, in that he wrote many, many hymns.
Changes: This is my up-to-date edition of the hymn. I am quite confident that it is this version that will be found in all Lutheran hymnals to come. :)
Tune: The meter is 87 87 77 88, and LSB 422 sets another translation of this hymn to DER AM KREUZ.

Post Your picture, pure and holy,
On my facebook, Savior great;
So that nothing, high or lowly,
Your blest image can delete.
Make the name below it be:
Jesus, crucified for me,
Is my life, my hope's foundation,
And my brightness and salvation!
Skriv dig, Jesu, paa mit Hjerte
Thomas Hansen Kingo
Tr. Jens Christian Aaberg, alt. MDS

No comments:

Search This Blog